Alissa Ellis, phD
Health Sciences Assistant Clinical Professor
Director, thinkSMART® Program
- 2004 University of Southern California, B.A.
- 2007 University of Texas at Austin, M.A.
- 2012 University of Texas at Austin, PhD
- 2011-2012 Pre-doctoral Internship, Pediatric Neuropsychology, University of California Los Angeles
- 2012-2015 Post-doctoral Training, University of California Los Angeles
Research & clinical interests
Research interests involve underlying mechanisms involved in reward processing and motivational systems and how these can predict the course of psychopathology in mood and attention disorders. These research interests map closely on to her clinical work as an attending in the child and adolescent mood disorders program, and in her role as director of the thinkSMART program.
Roles within the division/Fellowship
- Director, thinkSMART® Program
- Attending psychologist in the Max Gray Child and Adolescent Mood Disorders Program
- Clinical and research mentor
- Lectures on topics related to mood and executive functioning