Karin M. Best, PhD
Assistant Adjunct Professor
Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences
David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA
- Williams College (Art History), B.A.
- UC Santa Barbara (Psychology), B.A.
- University of Minnesota (Psychology, supporting program in Child Development), Ph.D.
Research & clinical interests
- Positive adaptation in stressful circumstance (resilience)
- Long-term adaptation in adults psychiatrically hospitalized as adolescents
- Intervention to improve the functioning and adaptation of families with a disabled child
- Access to care
Roles within the division/Fellowship
- Director, Infant and Preschool Clinic
- Co-Director, School Consultation Rotation
- Lectures on such topics as child development, parenting