Misty Richards, MD, MS
Assistant Clinical Professor
Department of Psychiatry & Biobehavioral Sciences David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA
Program Director, UCLA Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Fellowship
- 2003 – University of California, Los Angeles, B.S.
- 2007 – Albany Medical College, M.D.
- 2010 – Albany Medical College, M.S.
- 2015 – UCLA Semel Institute, Adult Psychiatry Residency
- 2017 – UCLA Semel Institute, Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Fellowship, Chief Fellow
Research & clinical interests
- Perinatal Mental Health & Access to Care
- Infant Psychiatry & Attachment Theory
- Curriculum Development & Training in Resident/Fellow Education
- Providing timely mental health services to at-risk transitional age youth
Roles within the division/Fellowship
- Director, UCLA Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Fellowship Program
- Medical Director, Center for the Assessment and Prevention of Prodromal States (CAPPS), UCLA Neuropsychiatric Institute
- Associate Medical Director, Perinatal Partial Hospitalization Program
- Lectures on topics such as infant mental health, working with children